Friday, January 13, 2017

Online guides and resources for drawing perspective - find your own, too!

The methods I teach in class are those that are an accumulation of experience, traditional education, and experimentation. However, these are my own approaches, but there are many methods to drawing.

Do not be afraid to search on your own for new ways to draw! Searches are your friends!

If there is any technique you'd like to figure out in class, let me know or post it on here, and we can discuss it during class time.

Here are some results that might help you if you're feeling behind:
Note - not meant to represent the level we are at in class, some of it is over-simplified, and is not the process we take in class. These might be more rigid in their structure of finding perspective. I would prefer that you practice the methods I teach in class, first and foremost, as those are the techniques I'll be passing on to you and I would be more familiar with how to help you learn them.

Link: One class online that has some VERY fundamental perspective exercises (not quite what approach we're taking, but good to know) 

Link: Online preview of a very rudamentary perspective guide. 

Link: Another interesting page 

Again, do not assume that this is the approach/technique we are following in class - I'm trying to teach you a more immediate, hand-eye coordination based approach. So take these links with a grain of salt. They will aid you in the course, but WE ARE NOT A PERSPECTIVE DRAWING CLASS

We are a PERCEPTUAL Drawing class. There is a difference. I want you to learn how to see!

__________

Alright, enough preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment